How to Play Wraith King Dota2 Guide:
"Purer than flesh, stronger than bone, imperishable is the essence of the wraith”
A Noob’s Guide to Wraith King
- Hero Type : Meele
- Primary Attribute: Strength
- Movement Speed: 315
- Attack Speed: 100
- Attack Range: 150
- Vision range: 1800/800
- Roles: Carry, Initiator, Durable
- Wraithfire blast: It is basically a stun. The only disabling skill of WK. It does decent initial damage and small damage over time. The affected unit is also slowed down during the damage period. The stun duration is pretty decent, but the slow duration compensates for the lack of disabled time. If you are well trained with wraith king this time is enough to reduce the enemy hero to fuitile health.
- Base Damage: 70/80/90/100
- Damage over Time: 10/30/50/70
- Move Speed Slow: 20%
- Stun Duration: 1.1/1.4/1.7/2
- Slow & Damage over Time Duration: 2 (can be upgraded to 3.5 seconds at level 10)
- Cool down: 14/12/10/8
- Mana: 95/110/125/140
- Vampiric Aura: This undispellable aura works more or less like vladimir’s. The life steal works only for the meele heroes. Incredibly effective in team fights and while attacking roshan. Also enable wraith king to farm from the early game.
- Radius: 1200
- Lifesteal: 18%/22%/26%/30% (can be Upgraded to 55% at level 25)
- Mortal Strike: This passive skill helps you farm in the early game and deal deadly blow to the heroes in the late game. You get to deal 300% damage with this skill. And also provides you one skeleton for every two creep killed. The maximum number of skeletons that can be stacked is 8 and it can go up to 16 with level 20 skill tree.
- Proc Chance: 9%/11%/13%/15%
- Critical Damage: 300%
- Number of Kills to Gain Charge: 2
- Max Skeleton Charges: 2/4/6/8
- Skeletons Summoned per Charge: 1 (Can be Upgraded to 2 at level 20)
- Skeleton Respawn Delay: 3
- Skeleton Duration: 90
- Cool Down: 50
- Mana: 50/60/70/80
- Reincarnation: The one passive skill that truly stands out from the rest. After falling in battle Wraith king reincarnates himself with full health and mana. This makes wraith king a formidable tank and this provides the him to stay in team fights a bit longer and destroy the opponents. Unlike all the other passive skills this cannot be broken by silver edge or by viper’s neothroxin. Wraith king reincarnates under any condition he dies with.
- Slow/Wraithfire Blast Radius: 900
- Effect Delay: 3
- Move Speed Slow: 75%
- Attack Speed Slow: 75
- Slow Duration: 5
- Cool Down: 200/120/40
- Mana: 160 (Can be reduced to zero at level 20
|Reincarnation casts wraithfire blasts||25||25% Vampiric aura|
|2 X skeletons pawned||20||No reincarnation Manacast|
|+30 Skeletons attack damage||15||+15 Strength|
|+20 Attack speed||10||+1.5s Wraithfire Blast Slow Duration|
Wraith king is one of the very easy heroes suggested to new players entering DOTA2. As the players move on we can find them easily grasping the game mechanics and methodology from WK and applying it to other heroes. For some unknown reason I got addicted to playing wraith king and 50% of time when I play DOTA 2 I end up picking wraith king. The skill level required to play this hero is Basic. So it will be easy of beginners to pick this hero and learn the mechanics of the game.
There are some specific heroes with whom you should avoid direct confrontation. It’s hard to play against heroes which can impact our Mana pool. Heroes such as Anti-Mage (Mana Break), Lion (Mana Drain), Medusa (Mystic Snake), Nyx (Mana Burn), Outworld Devourer (Arcane Orb) and most importantly Invoker (EMP). Also the heroes who has the core of building diffusal blade like PL, Riki and Naga Siren can rip you of your reincarnation luxury. If you have any of these characters in the opponents you have no other option than to rush for Black King Bar or else wait for level 20: No reincarnation manacost.
If you are planning to jungle from the early game buy gloves of haste and 3 tangos in the beginning. As you gain gold buy one more gloves of haste to boost your attack speed and upgrade it to hand of midas. This will accelerate your farm and experience and enable you to level up sooner. It will be wise to buy and place the ward to escape any for of ambushing inside the jungle. Once the hand of midas is completed. Finish the boots and go towards radiance. Until finishing the radiance kindly refrain from attacking any heroes. Once the radiance is completed it will be a swift farming for the wraith king. Within 15 minutes of completing the radiance you can have six slots full and become a formidable hero with damage and durability.
The other build which wraith king players love to play is Buying echo saber after Hand of Midas. Desolator with the combination of Echo saber can turn to be a deadly combination to enemy heroes early game.
Beginning the game with 3x Tangos, Magic wand and Blight stone should be perfect. Boots can be power threads or phase boots based on your preference. Wraith king is an offlane hero and is good at pushing with his skeletons. However the armor is very low in the early games so refrain from going inside the tier one enemy tower. The core items first to be built must be echo sabre followed by blade mail. If there is an illusion hero in the opposite side its better to build battle fury than desolator(MKB if PA is on the opposite side). Radiance will be highly effective if you can build it before 30 mins. Build either Blink dagger or shadow blade suiting to your play style. And in the late game add black king bar if you are facing heavy magic damage else build assault cuirass.
In the early game wraith king is pretty weak and his slow attack speed does him no good. Even after level six the cool down for reincarnation lvl 1 is 200 seconds. Its advisable not to enter into any confrontation alone. Keep an eye on the mana pool always as you may not trigger reincarnation when required. During the middle and late game wraith king will be the main initiator for all the team fights. Blink - stun - mortal strike skeletons and attack can catch even the elusive anti mage with a surprise. While reincarnating toggle on blade mail or BKB to capitalize that moment and make more impact.
The ideal talent picks should be maximizing the mortal strike you can easily farm the jungle or push towers in the early games with the skeletons. Followed by the wraithfireblast(stun) and finally the vampiric aura. Vampiric aura will be very effective in the team fights giving extra 2 or 3 seconds of life for each heroes in your team. In Dota 2 those extra time can be the tide to change the course of the game. A little more farming and with the consumed aghanim and moonshrad wraith king will become the Tank that refuses to die.
Skill building suggestion:
Wraith-fire Blast - Mortal strike -Vampirc aura - Mortal strike-Mortal strike - Reincarnation-Mortal strike -Wraith-fire Blast -Wraith-fire Blast -+20 Attack speed-Wraith-fire Blast - Reincarnation -Vampirc aura-Vampirc aura- +15 Strength -Vampirc aura- No Reincarnation mana cost - Reincarnation cast wraith-fire.
Our Recommended Item builds:
Phase Boots or Power Treads.
Hand Of Midas.
Echo saber and Desolator or Maelstorm
How to Play Wraith King Dota2 Guide
An Article By:
Sholto "Angry Boy" Ricks
A MBA Graduate who's passion is Dota2. When he's not working in a MNC he plays Dota2 All the time.